Father’s Day in North America is set on the third Sunday of June. This year Father’s Day will be on June 19. If you are thinking about what to give your dad this year, you will surely think of the usual BBQ sets, necktie and cufflinks. Why not get your father something different this year?
1. For the creative artistic dad – Giving your dad a painting for his office, study or TV room is something very original. Think of thinks your dad likes to do and get a painting that relates to that. If you father likes to sail or surf, give him artwork that depicts the ocean. If his new modern office needs some decor, get your dad abstract canvas wall art.
2. For the sports fan dad – If your dad is a sports enthusiast or a sportsman himself then get him a year’s subscription of his preferred sport magazine. If you can afford best 3 star ping pong balls to get him two kinds of magazines then go ahead and buy him subscriptions to two of his favorite sports mags. There are lost of sports magazines for mountain biking and running to fishing and golf.
3. For the athletic dad – Now that we are talking about sports, an athletic dad will always appreciate sports gear and equipment. Golfers can always use new golf balls and shirts. If your father runs or jogs, get him new running shoes or a heart rate monitor. Visit a sporting goods store and look for something you think your dad would like. You can also get him a gift certificate at his favorite sports outlet.
4. For the foodie dad – There are a lot of presents you can get a dad you loves to eat or cook. Find out if he needs a new BBQ set. Maybe he would rather have slabs of the best T-bone, prime rib or imported Kobe beef. You could also take him to an expensive restaurant he’s been dying to eat at.
5. For the electronic gadgets dad – Dads who like to mess around with electronic gadgets and computers might like the latest 3D laptop. Maybe he’d like accessories for his new DSLR camera. If your dad likes watching sports game on TV, maybe he’d like his own personal flat screen LCD TV.
BBQ sets are always welcome gifts for most dads, but you can try to be a bit more original by giving your dad something unique this year. Give your father something he can use in his mini-bar such as wine themed canvas wall art. Get him the latest gadgets that have just been released in the market.